Dec 16, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
La Russa said Pujols has been “in pain” since he accepted the Los Angeles Angels’ 10-year, $254-million offer. “I know it was a painful decision and it pains him now,” La Russa said.
As you might expect, La Russa is being diplomatic here. He doesn’t call out the Cardinals for not being more aggressive, but you can sort of tell that that’s the “pain” on Pujols’ part that he’s trying to communicate.
Either way: $254 million buys something like 30 million extra large bottles of ibuprofen, so I guess Albert’s good.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)