Dec 16, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
La Russa said Pujols has been “in pain” since he accepted the Los Angeles Angels’ 10-year, $254-million offer. “I know it was a painful decision and it pains him now,” La Russa said.
As you might expect, La Russa is being diplomatic here. He doesn’t call out the Cardinals for not being more aggressive, but you can sort of tell that that’s the “pain” on Pujols’ part that he’s trying to communicate.
Either way: $254 million buys something like 30 million extra large bottles of ibuprofen, so I guess Albert’s good.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)