Dec 16, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
La Russa said Pujols has been “in pain” since he accepted the Los Angeles Angels’ 10-year, $254-million offer. “I know it was a painful decision and it pains him now,” La Russa said.
As you might expect, La Russa is being diplomatic here. He doesn’t call out the Cardinals for not being more aggressive, but you can sort of tell that that’s the “pain” on Pujols’ part that he’s trying to communicate.
Either way: $254 million buys something like 30 million extra large bottles of ibuprofen, so I guess Albert’s good.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)