Dec 16, 2011, 10:31 AM EST
La Russa said Pujols has been “in pain” since he accepted the Los Angeles Angels’ 10-year, $254-million offer. “I know it was a painful decision and it pains him now,” La Russa said.
As you might expect, La Russa is being diplomatic here. He doesn’t call out the Cardinals for not being more aggressive, but you can sort of tell that that’s the “pain” on Pujols’ part that he’s trying to communicate.
Either way: $254 million buys something like 30 million extra large bottles of ibuprofen, so I guess Albert’s good.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)