Must-click link: Rudolph The Red Sox Reindeer

Dec 16, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT

click here bigger

I’m not sure if this is cute or lame or somewhere in between, but here’s the e-holiday card the Red Sox sent out to season ticket holders:

Rudolph The Red Sox Reindeer

I’m assuming nose brightness will soon be factored into a revised version of Wins Above Replacement.

1. cur68 - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Am I on drugs? I didn’t just see that, did I?

• vader000 - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM

These snozberries taste like snozberries!

2. deathmonkey41 - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Really, you weren’t sure if it were cute or lame? Really? BTW, all their noses were red- it’s from drinking all that beer in the clubhouse.

3. bozosforall - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM

L-A-M-E

4. Jonny 5 - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Theo’s last laugh.

5. bobdira - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM

You would have to be drinking beer in the dugout for that to be anything but lame.

6. sknut - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM

So how long before Valentine comes looking for Rudolph to pinch hit only to find that Lackey and co. were hungry and Rudolph became the 7th inning snack?

7. shaggylocks - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Wow, look at all the Scrooges on HBT today! Maybe it’s because I’m biased towards the Red Sox, but I thought that was pretty fun and clever.

• bigharold - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM

That was effin horrible. It was practically funny it was so bad.

• bozosforall - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Only idiotic Red Sox fans would think so, shaggythemoron.

• shaggylocks - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Guilty as charged, I suppose.

• cur68 - Dec 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Shaggy: Chin up old chap. You’re not guilty of being a yappy little douche. That guy bozo makes it his bid-ness to go around dissing on Sox fans because they are disloyal or some such screed that he uses to justify his serial yelping at Sox fans. You showed The Town some loyalty by sticking up for their rather bizarre Christmas card. His hypocrisy just manifested itself not your lack or failure in any way.

Merry Christmas, Dude. Just keep Rudolph away from Becket: he shoots those things for dinner.

• bozosforall - Dec 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Only one I see yapping here is a little “cur”. Yapping at the heels of Red Sox fans in hope that he can get a piece of some of their leftover boyfriends.

• cur68 - Dec 16, 2011 at 5:50 PM

All 4 lil pawsies leaving the floor with each yip, eh bozo? Hilarious… :)
        And still with the homosexual epithets…seriously, Sigmund Freud could have you in a textbook as a case of repressed sexual confusion. One day you will come to accept your own nature. Soon I hope. Its not a crime. Its not a big deal. Just get over it.

8. madhatternalice - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM

This is a “must-click link?”

9. paperlions - Dec 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I’m sure my mom and aunts would think it was cute…and probably my nieces…but as a bit of PR for a baseball team? That was embarrassing.

10. Chipmaker - Dec 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Eh; it’s like “Fever Pitch” — Sox fen like it, everyone else just kinda shrugs. Yes, that was lame, but cute. I think they were trying for sincere insincerity, and that’s not an easy target to hit.

Rhyming “seats” to “history” was dismal.

11. APBA Guy - Dec 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Well, at least Rudolph addressed a Red Sox need for a right fielder. Who else are they gonna run out there?

• phillyphreak - Dec 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM

You would think with Rudolph’s ability to fly that he’d be better served in CF. Nothing would drop in.

• jwbiii - Dec 17, 2011 at 5:34 AM

The problem with using a quadruped as an outfielder is that his arm would be almost as bad as Damon’s.

12. firedude7160 - Dec 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I found it rather humorous. I wasn’t in danger of pissing my pants, but I don’t see how it could draw at least a chuckle. Unless you hate the Red Sox I guess

Pineda ejection wrong message from MLB
  1. I. Davis (4232)