Dec 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post the Nationals did not submit a bid for Darvish despite scouting him in person “more than 10 times” and sending general manager Mike Rizzo to Japan to see him live in 2010.
There was plenty of speculation that the Nationals would make a run at Darvish after missing out on Mark Buehrle, but apparently they didn’t even bother submitting a low bid.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)