Dec 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post the Nationals did not submit a bid for Darvish despite scouting him in person “more than 10 times” and sending general manager Mike Rizzo to Japan to see him live in 2010.
There was plenty of speculation that the Nationals would make a run at Darvish after missing out on Mark Buehrle, but apparently they didn’t even bother submitting a low bid.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)