Dec 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post the Nationals did not submit a bid for Darvish despite scouting him in person “more than 10 times” and sending general manager Mike Rizzo to Japan to see him live in 2010.
There was plenty of speculation that the Nationals would make a run at Darvish after missing out on Mark Buehrle, but apparently they didn’t even bother submitting a low bid.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)