Dec 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post the Nationals did not submit a bid for Darvish despite scouting him in person “more than 10 times” and sending general manager Mike Rizzo to Japan to see him live in 2010.
There was plenty of speculation that the Nationals would make a run at Darvish after missing out on Mark Buehrle, but apparently they didn’t even bother submitting a low bid.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 63
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)