Dec 16, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
Lidge, who turns 35 next week, didn’t make his first appearance this year until late-July due to arm problems, but ended up posting a 1.40 ERA and 23/13 K/BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings. While his velocity was at a career-low this past season, his slider still proved to be a very effective weapon.
Renck notes that Lidge grew up in the Denver area and still has a home there, so the belief is that he would seriously consider joining the Rockies. Rafael Betancourt is expected to close next season following the recent trade of Huston Street, so Lidge would pitch in a set-up role.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)