Dec 16, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
Lidge, who turns 35 next week, didn’t make his first appearance this year until late-July due to arm problems, but ended up posting a 1.40 ERA and 23/13 K/BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings. While his velocity was at a career-low this past season, his slider still proved to be a very effective weapon.
Renck notes that Lidge grew up in the Denver area and still has a home there, so the belief is that he would seriously consider joining the Rockies. Rafael Betancourt is expected to close next season following the recent trade of Huston Street, so Lidge would pitch in a set-up role.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 28
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)