Dec 17, 2011, 11:19 PM EDT
UPDATE, 11:19 PM: According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the one-year pact has been finalized.
7:23 PM: As first reported by Prospect Insider‘s Jason Churchill, the Mariners are nearing a one-year contract agreement with lefty George Sherrill. Word is the deal is worth $1.1 million plus incentives.
Sherrill, 34, registered a 3.00 ERA and 1.25 WHIP over 36 innings in 2011 for the Braves, holding left-handed batters to a .256/.275/.333 slash line.
The eight-year major league veteran pitched for the Mariners from 2004-2007. He has a 3.68 career ERA.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 0
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 129
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (129)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)