Dec 18, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
As first reported by Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, then confirmed by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Indians are in serious talks with the representatives for veteran outfielder Mike Cameron.
The Indians are also interested in Andy LaRoche.
Cameron hit just .203/.285/.359 with nine homers and 27 RBI over 78 games between the Red Sox and Marlins in 2011, but the 38-year-old probably isn’t demanding anything greater than a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training.
Cameron would provide insurance in case Grady Sizemore again struggles with injuries. LaRoche, who also won’t do better than a minor league deal, would simply function as organizational infield depth.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)