Dec 18, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
As first reported by Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, then confirmed by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Indians are in serious talks with the representatives for veteran outfielder Mike Cameron.
The Indians are also interested in Andy LaRoche.
Cameron hit just .203/.285/.359 with nine homers and 27 RBI over 78 games between the Red Sox and Marlins in 2011, but the 38-year-old probably isn’t demanding anything greater than a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training.
Cameron would provide insurance in case Grady Sizemore again struggles with injuries. LaRoche, who also won’t do better than a minor league deal, would simply function as organizational infield depth.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 0
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 16
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)