Dec 19, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Passive-aggressive is just the worst, no?
Anyway, the idea is that the little 1B/DH/OF mix in Anaheim is fairly crowded at the moment and will be even more so if, as expected, Kendrys Morales is able to contribute. Abreu still wants a regular position and playing time and isn’t likely to get it if things turn out that way.
Abreu makes $9 million this year, the last of his deal. He hit .253/.353/.365 in 2011, so that’s not exactly a cost-effective addition for anyone. The Angels may just be better off keeping him around in the event Morales proves gimpy again.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld