Dec 19, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Passive-aggressive is just the worst, no?
Anyway, the idea is that the little 1B/DH/OF mix in Anaheim is fairly crowded at the moment and will be even more so if, as expected, Kendrys Morales is able to contribute. Abreu still wants a regular position and playing time and isn’t likely to get it if things turn out that way.
Abreu makes $9 million this year, the last of his deal. He hit .253/.353/.365 in 2011, so that’s not exactly a cost-effective addition for anyone. The Angels may just be better off keeping him around in the event Morales proves gimpy again.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 36
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 22
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld