Dec 19, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Passive-aggressive is just the worst, no?
Anyway, the idea is that the little 1B/DH/OF mix in Anaheim is fairly crowded at the moment and will be even more so if, as expected, Kendrys Morales is able to contribute. Abreu still wants a regular position and playing time and isn’t likely to get it if things turn out that way.
Abreu makes $9 million this year, the last of his deal. He hit .253/.353/.365 in 2011, so that’s not exactly a cost-effective addition for anyone. The Angels may just be better off keeping him around in the event Morales proves gimpy again.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld