Dec 19, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Passive-aggressive is just the worst, no?
Anyway, the idea is that the little 1B/DH/OF mix in Anaheim is fairly crowded at the moment and will be even more so if, as expected, Kendrys Morales is able to contribute. Abreu still wants a regular position and playing time and isn’t likely to get it if things turn out that way.
Abreu makes $9 million this year, the last of his deal. He hit .253/.353/.365 in 2011, so that’s not exactly a cost-effective addition for anyone. The Angels may just be better off keeping him around in the event Morales proves gimpy again.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld