Dec 19, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Passive-aggressive is just the worst, no?
Anyway, the idea is that the little 1B/DH/OF mix in Anaheim is fairly crowded at the moment and will be even more so if, as expected, Kendrys Morales is able to contribute. Abreu still wants a regular position and playing time and isn’t likely to get it if things turn out that way.
Abreu makes $9 million this year, the last of his deal. He hit .253/.353/.365 in 2011, so that’s not exactly a cost-effective addition for anyone. The Angels may just be better off keeping him around in the event Morales proves gimpy again.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 28
- Dodgers-Marlins trade involving Mat Latos “being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 61
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld