Bryan Stow speaks to NBC’s “Rock Center”

Dec 19, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT

Over the weekend we saw a brief preview of the first interview of Bryan Stow since his attack on Opening Day, to be featured tonight on NBC’s “Rock Center.”  Today we have the entire thing.

It’s not the easiest thing in the world to watch Stow struggle with daily tasks and conversation. It’s also light years better than we thought would come of his life last spring. Indeed, based on the early reports, it’s something close to a miracle that he even survived.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. cur68 - Dec 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

The important thing to keep in mind is that Mr. Stow can think a lot faster than he can verbalize his thoughts. Losing a third of your frontal brain function will do that.

Considering that California just spent 75 million chasing Barry Bonds around, I’d hope the Stow family sees that level of commitment from them when it comes to chasing McCourt.

• APBA Guy - Dec 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Cur-

Agree with your sentiments 100% regarding Stow. One correction: The $ 75M was spent by the Feds for the Bonds prosecution, not the State of California.

As for chasing McCourt, I hope all the jurisdictions get in on that action.

• cur68 - Dec 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Thanks for the correction, man. Honestly, I can never remember whose paying for what down south. All I do know its the average person doing the suffering.

2. Gonzo - Dec 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM

“There’s no crying in baseball.”

I’ll allow it this time.

3. professor30 - Dec 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM

God Bless you Bryan Stow.

• cosanostra71 - Dec 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM

why would anyone thumbs this down?

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Douchebag atheists? (that is, atheists that are also, separately, douchebags)

• lostsok - Dec 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Atheists don’t hate people and would no thumb down this article. Your comment is exactly and equally ignorant as someone who attacks a person for HAVING faith. Don’t be a tool.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 20, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Hence why I said that whoever would thumb this down would be BOTH an atheist AND a douchebag. I’m in the athiest arena myself – I didn’t generalize them.

Understand a comment before you pass judgment, lostsok.

4. mikeyrivs23 - Dec 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Regardless of whatever trash talk happens among fans at a game, I’d like to think most of it is as a fan of the game first and their team second, and that all fans have that passion in common. Once the game ends, is anyone really solving any problems by fighting a man who cheers for the other team? These scumbags should be pinned against a wall and have the Giants pitching staff peg baseballs at them until they’re in the terrible state in which they left their victim.

5. benandjerrysberryhorny - Dec 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM

let’s take a look at the REAL problem……motherfuckin los angeles eses.

• lostsok - Dec 19, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Yeah. Cause there’s no violent assclowns in San Francisco. RIIIIIGHT.

• kappy32 - Dec 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I agree with you, but wtf is an assclown? That is just a terrible attempt at an insult. You couldn’t think of anything better? Assclown should be added to the word “swag” in a list of words that should never be used. At least try next time, please.

6. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I don’t say this often, and I say it carefully, but I hope there’s a special circle in Hell for the bastards that beat the crap out of this man.

7. aarontzach - Dec 20, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I don’t know what “Rock Center” is, but I hope they paid him and his family a lot of money for the interview.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5371)