Dec 19, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
We had this all yesterday, but I heard Tim Tebow was doing stuff so as Americans we were all obligated to pay attention and thus you may have missed it. But now it’s final and has been officially announced by the team.
It breaks down as $33 million over the next three seasons, and an $11 million vesting option for 2015. If the option does not vest, it becomes an $8 million club option or a $5 million player option. So it’s worth a minimum of $38 million to Rollins, but as much as $44 million for four years.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)