Dec 19, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
We had this all yesterday, but I heard Tim Tebow was doing stuff so as Americans we were all obligated to pay attention and thus you may have missed it. But now it’s final and has been officially announced by the team.
It breaks down as $33 million over the next three seasons, and an $11 million vesting option for 2015. If the option does not vest, it becomes an $8 million club option or a $5 million player option. So it’s worth a minimum of $38 million to Rollins, but as much as $44 million for four years.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)