Dec 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Last week Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times made the Hall of Fame case for Tim Raines. He did it in decidedly non-advanced stats terms in order to preempt the “you sabermetricians and your voodoo sorcery!” objections. If you read it and still can’t call Tim Raines a Hall of Famer there’s no helping you.
Today Chris gives Jeff Bagwell the same treatment. Maybe it’s not as necessary. I get the sense that Bagwell would be in easily if not for the irresponsible steroid speculation surrounding him, so convincing people that his numbers were awesome is sort of beside the point.
But in the event you need convincing, check it out. And if you still don’t think Bagwell is a Hall of Famer after reading it, it’s incumbent upon you to explain why.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)