Dec 19, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
The Nippon-Ham Fighters will announce the winner of the Yu Darvish sweepstakes Tuesday morning, Japan time, which means we’ll know who gets the chance to negotiate with him tonight.
It was reported on Friday that the Blue Jays are the likely top bidders. We’ll see. The fact that it has not been confirmed by a bunch of people makes me wonder, but we do know that the Yankees were low, so Toronto could definitely be it.
As we learned over the weekend, the posting fee will set a record, landing the Fighters north of $51 million. At times like these I just choose to ignore how ridiculous the whole posting system is.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)