Dec 19, 2011, 9:27 AM EST
The Nippon-Ham Fighters will announce the winner of the Yu Darvish sweepstakes Tuesday morning, Japan time, which means we’ll know who gets the chance to negotiate with him tonight.
It was reported on Friday that the Blue Jays are the likely top bidders. We’ll see. The fact that it has not been confirmed by a bunch of people makes me wonder, but we do know that the Yankees were low, so Toronto could definitely be it.
As we learned over the weekend, the posting fee will set a record, landing the Fighters north of $51 million. At times like these I just choose to ignore how ridiculous the whole posting system is.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 0
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 47
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 35
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 49
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)