Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The market is the market, and with Jason Kubel signing a two-year deal with the Dbacks yesterday, Cody Ross has apparently determined that asking for three years is unreasonable. According to David O’Brien, Cody Ross is now seeking a two-year deal.
There is some interest. The Reds and Giants are in the mix. The fact that O’Brien is reporting on it reflects some Braves speculation. Ross doesn’t excite me, but it would almost be worth him signing with the Braves if it meant Phillies fans would groan when they saw him, flashing back to the 2010 playoffs.
Of course then he’d go 0-for13 in a three-game series in Citizens Bank Park, but that initial groan would be enjoyable.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)