Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The market is the market, and with Jason Kubel signing a two-year deal with the Dbacks yesterday, Cody Ross has apparently determined that asking for three years is unreasonable. According to David O’Brien, Cody Ross is now seeking a two-year deal.
There is some interest. The Reds and Giants are in the mix. The fact that O’Brien is reporting on it reflects some Braves speculation. Ross doesn’t excite me, but it would almost be worth him signing with the Braves if it meant Phillies fans would groan when they saw him, flashing back to the 2010 playoffs.
Of course then he’d go 0-for13 in a three-game series in Citizens Bank Park, but that initial groan would be enjoyable.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (188)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)