Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The market is the market, and with Jason Kubel signing a two-year deal with the Dbacks yesterday, Cody Ross has apparently determined that asking for three years is unreasonable. According to David O’Brien, Cody Ross is now seeking a two-year deal.
There is some interest. The Reds and Giants are in the mix. The fact that O’Brien is reporting on it reflects some Braves speculation. Ross doesn’t excite me, but it would almost be worth him signing with the Braves if it meant Phillies fans would groan when they saw him, flashing back to the 2010 playoffs.
Of course then he’d go 0-for13 in a three-game series in Citizens Bank Park, but that initial groan would be enjoyable.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)