Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The market is the market, and with Jason Kubel signing a two-year deal with the Dbacks yesterday, Cody Ross has apparently determined that asking for three years is unreasonable. According to David O’Brien, Cody Ross is now seeking a two-year deal.
There is some interest. The Reds and Giants are in the mix. The fact that O’Brien is reporting on it reflects some Braves speculation. Ross doesn’t excite me, but it would almost be worth him signing with the Braves if it meant Phillies fans would groan when they saw him, flashing back to the 2010 playoffs.
Of course then he’d go 0-for13 in a three-game series in Citizens Bank Park, but that initial groan would be enjoyable.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)