Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The market is the market, and with Jason Kubel signing a two-year deal with the Dbacks yesterday, Cody Ross has apparently determined that asking for three years is unreasonable. According to David O’Brien, Cody Ross is now seeking a two-year deal.
There is some interest. The Reds and Giants are in the mix. The fact that O’Brien is reporting on it reflects some Braves speculation. Ross doesn’t excite me, but it would almost be worth him signing with the Braves if it meant Phillies fans would groan when they saw him, flashing back to the 2010 playoffs.
Of course then he’d go 0-for13 in a three-game series in Citizens Bank Park, but that initial groan would be enjoyable.
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 8
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 47
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm