Dec 20, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
For reasons of personal and family history I’ve probably seen The Nutcracker a billion times, give or take. And now my daughter Mookie is a ballet dancer and she’s been in The Nutcracker for a couple of years in a row. It’s never gonna end. I could probably give a go to half of the parts in that thing and, even though I can’t dance, I could at least be in the right place at the right time because I know it so well. For better or for worse.
As a result of all of that, I have seen — and been generally uncomfortable with — the Mother Ginger bit in a good dozen permutations. I’ve never cared for it because almost all of those permutations involve a bunch of kids coming out from under a giant dress, typically worn by a dude in drag. Maybe I have issues, but it always comes off kind of creepy.
Still a couple months until spring training, guys. So sorry, you’re gonna see a lot of this kind of thing around here.
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 0
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)