Dec 20, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
That’s more or less the going rate for a veteran fourth outfielder, which is the role Chavez will fill in 2012 after turning his career around by hitting .301 with five homers and a .749 OPS in 83 games for the Rangers.
Chavez performing that well again is unlikely, particularly at age 34, but his usual empty .275 batting average and good range make him a decent fit in the same role Felix Pie filled for the Orioles this past season.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 0
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 130
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (130)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)