Dec 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Shoulder surgery ended Freddy Sanchez‘s season in mid-June, but he’s under contract for $6 million in 2012 and said yesterday that he hopes to be in the Opening Day lineup.
Sanchez told John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’s advanced to throwing from 60 feet, saying “the shoulder is coming along great” and “my strength has come a long way.”
Sanchez has missed nearly 50 percent of the Giants’ games since they acquired him from the Pirates in mid-2009, yet general manager Brian Sabean has signed him to a pair of contract extensions during that time.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 48
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 187
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (188)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)