Dec 20, 2011, 8:51 AM EST
This is good: the Atlanta Braves have made a formal objection to a trademark application filed by Disney for their new animated movie “Brave.” Guess that explains what they’ve been doing all offseason while not doing anything to make the team better.
But as a Braves fan I’m totally, totally on board with this. I mean, the baseball team has long had a legal lock on all uses of the word “brave” in an entertainment setting. Oh, wait.
Whatever. It’s not like this makes a big difference. I mean, if the Braves and Disney had all kinds of other business arrangements together, sure, it could get awkward. But they dont.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (308)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)