Dec 20, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
This is good: the Atlanta Braves have made a formal objection to a trademark application filed by Disney for their new animated movie “Brave.” Guess that explains what they’ve been doing all offseason while not doing anything to make the team better.
But as a Braves fan I’m totally, totally on board with this. I mean, the baseball team has long had a legal lock on all uses of the word “brave” in an entertainment setting. Oh, wait.
Whatever. It’s not like this makes a big difference. I mean, if the Braves and Disney had all kinds of other business arrangements together, sure, it could get awkward. But they dont.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)