Dec 20, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
This is good: the Atlanta Braves have made a formal objection to a trademark application filed by Disney for their new animated movie “Brave.” Guess that explains what they’ve been doing all offseason while not doing anything to make the team better.
But as a Braves fan I’m totally, totally on board with this. I mean, the baseball team has long had a legal lock on all uses of the word “brave” in an entertainment setting. Oh, wait.
Whatever. It’s not like this makes a big difference. I mean, if the Braves and Disney had all kinds of other business arrangements together, sure, it could get awkward. But they dont.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)