Dec 20, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
This is good: the Atlanta Braves have made a formal objection to a trademark application filed by Disney for their new animated movie “Brave.” Guess that explains what they’ve been doing all offseason while not doing anything to make the team better.
But as a Braves fan I’m totally, totally on board with this. I mean, the baseball team has long had a legal lock on all uses of the word “brave” in an entertainment setting. Oh, wait.
Whatever. It’s not like this makes a big difference. I mean, if the Braves and Disney had all kinds of other business arrangements together, sure, it could get awkward. But they dont.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)