Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Reason number 1,346 why Batman is the best. After going 5-for-5 in an all-star game against a team of super villains, he comes up to the plate with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth and … works the count for a walk. You can’t pitch to the dude. You can’t pitch around him. He’s friggin’ Batman. He bats cleanup on a team with Superman on it for God’s sake.
Of course Green Arrow got all the RBI because he was batting fifth. Stupid hippie compiler. And note: Aquaman is nowhere in the box score. It’s no surprise that he can’t crack this lineup.
Oh, wait. You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? Well, then, you need to go read Wezen-Ball’s synopsis of the greatest comic book in the history of the world.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)