Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Reason number 1,346 why Batman is the best. After going 5-for-5 in an all-star game against a team of super villains, he comes up to the plate with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth and … works the count for a walk. You can’t pitch to the dude. You can’t pitch around him. He’s friggin’ Batman. He bats cleanup on a team with Superman on it for God’s sake.
Of course Green Arrow got all the RBI because he was batting fifth. Stupid hippie compiler. And note: Aquaman is nowhere in the box score. It’s no surprise that he can’t crack this lineup.
Oh, wait. You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? Well, then, you need to go read Wezen-Ball’s synopsis of the greatest comic book in the history of the world.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)