Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Reason number 1,346 why Batman is the best. After going 5-for-5 in an all-star game against a team of super villains, he comes up to the plate with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth and … works the count for a walk. You can’t pitch to the dude. You can’t pitch around him. He’s friggin’ Batman. He bats cleanup on a team with Superman on it for God’s sake.
Of course Green Arrow got all the RBI because he was batting fifth. Stupid hippie compiler. And note: Aquaman is nowhere in the box score. It’s no surprise that he can’t crack this lineup.
Oh, wait. You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? Well, then, you need to go read Wezen-Ball’s synopsis of the greatest comic book in the history of the world.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 79
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)