Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Reason number 1,346 why Batman is the best. After going 5-for-5 in an all-star game against a team of super villains, he comes up to the plate with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth and … works the count for a walk. You can’t pitch to the dude. You can’t pitch around him. He’s friggin’ Batman. He bats cleanup on a team with Superman on it for God’s sake.
Of course Green Arrow got all the RBI because he was batting fifth. Stupid hippie compiler. And note: Aquaman is nowhere in the box score. It’s no surprise that he can’t crack this lineup.
Oh, wait. You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? Well, then, you need to go read Wezen-Ball’s synopsis of the greatest comic book in the history of the world.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)