Dec 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Reason number 1,346 why Batman is the best. After going 5-for-5 in an all-star game against a team of super villains, he comes up to the plate with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth and … works the count for a walk. You can’t pitch to the dude. You can’t pitch around him. He’s friggin’ Batman. He bats cleanup on a team with Superman on it for God’s sake.
Of course Green Arrow got all the RBI because he was batting fifth. Stupid hippie compiler. And note: Aquaman is nowhere in the box score. It’s no surprise that he can’t crack this lineup.
Oh, wait. You don’t know what I’m talking about, do you? Well, then, you need to go read Wezen-Ball’s synopsis of the greatest comic book in the history of the world.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 12
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut