Dec 20, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Tampa Bay picked Peralta up after he was non-tendered by Washington last offseason and the 35-year-old reliever was an excellent low-cost signing, earning just $925,000 while throwing 68 innings with a 2.93 ERA and 61/18 K/BB ratio.
He’ll likely serve as Kyle Farnsworth‘s primary setup man again in 2012.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)