Dec 20, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Tampa Bay picked Peralta up after he was non-tendered by Washington last offseason and the 35-year-old reliever was an excellent low-cost signing, earning just $925,000 while throwing 68 innings with a 2.93 ERA and 61/18 K/BB ratio.
He’ll likely serve as Kyle Farnsworth‘s primary setup man again in 2012.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)