Dec 20, 2011, 1:39 PM EST
No surprise there. Teams are probably concerned about a long term commitment to a guy who had back trouble last year but are more than cool to accept the high-reward possibilities of Oswalt on a one-year deal. And for his part, he probably wants to show everyone his back is cool and then hit the market again after a great season. He hopes.
Can anyone not see the Yankees getting in on that? The Red Sox? A whole bunch of teams, really.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)