Dec 20, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
No surprise there. Teams are probably concerned about a long term commitment to a guy who had back trouble last year but are more than cool to accept the high-reward possibilities of Oswalt on a one-year deal. And for his part, he probably wants to show everyone his back is cool and then hit the market again after a great season. He hopes.
Can anyone not see the Yankees getting in on that? The Red Sox? A whole bunch of teams, really.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)