Dec 20, 2011, 1:39 PM EST
No surprise there. Teams are probably concerned about a long term commitment to a guy who had back trouble last year but are more than cool to accept the high-reward possibilities of Oswalt on a one-year deal. And for his part, he probably wants to show everyone his back is cool and then hit the market again after a great season. He hopes.
Can anyone not see the Yankees getting in on that? The Red Sox? A whole bunch of teams, really.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 0
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86