Dec 21, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Carlos Beltran is expected to sign this week. He apparently has multiple offers of between two and three years. Among the teams in play: the Blue Jays, Red Sox, Rays, Cardinals and one other NL team.
Guess that one other team isn’t the Braves. Because that would be silly, what with them being able to really use him and everything.
I think Beltran is going to have a good year or two. I have a feeling it will be in St. Louis.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)