Dec 21, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Carlos Beltran is expected to sign this week. He apparently has multiple offers of between two and three years. Among the teams in play: the Blue Jays, Red Sox, Rays, Cardinals and one other NL team.
Guess that one other team isn’t the Braves. Because that would be silly, what with them being able to really use him and everything.
I think Beltran is going to have a good year or two. I have a feeling it will be in St. Louis.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 26
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 60
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)