Dec 21, 2011, 9:18 AM EST
Mark Feinsand says that, despite the fact that everyone assumed Andruw Jones would be back with the Yankees in 2012, talks have sort of been going nowhere and now other teams — including the Boston Red Sox — are calling on Jones.
And why not? Jones hit .247/.356/.495 with 13 homers and 33 RBI in 222 plate appearances, and he beat up on lefties like they owed him money. In a league full of bench bats that can’t do a ton, that has some real value.
In other news, can someone explain to me why the Yankees are doing next to nothing this winter?
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 44
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 8
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 25
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)