Dec 21, 2011, 9:18 AM EST
Mark Feinsand says that, despite the fact that everyone assumed Andruw Jones would be back with the Yankees in 2012, talks have sort of been going nowhere and now other teams — including the Boston Red Sox — are calling on Jones.
And why not? Jones hit .247/.356/.495 with 13 homers and 33 RBI in 222 plate appearances, and he beat up on lefties like they owed him money. In a league full of bench bats that can’t do a ton, that has some real value.
In other news, can someone explain to me why the Yankees are doing next to nothing this winter?
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)