Dec 21, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Cancel the fire sale in Chicago.
After the White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos and his team-friendly three-year, $8.25 million contract to the Blue Jays earlier this month for pitching prospect Nestor Molina, most suspected that the club would begin unloading other valuable players as part of a major rebuilding effort. But that apparently isn’t the case.
Danks, 26, has posted a 4.03 ERA in five MLB seasons, averaging 208 innings per year since debuting in 2007. He had been drawing trade interest from multiple teams, including the Yankees and Red Sox.
For more on the extension, check with our friends at CSNChicago.com’s WhiteSoxTalk.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)