Dec 21, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Cancel the fire sale in Chicago.
After the White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos and his team-friendly three-year, $8.25 million contract to the Blue Jays earlier this month for pitching prospect Nestor Molina, most suspected that the club would begin unloading other valuable players as part of a major rebuilding effort. But that apparently isn’t the case.
Danks, 26, has posted a 4.03 ERA in five MLB seasons, averaging 208 innings per year since debuting in 2007. He had been drawing trade interest from multiple teams, including the Yankees and Red Sox.
For more on the extension, check with our friends at CSNChicago.com’s WhiteSoxTalk.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)