Dec 21, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Cancel the fire sale in Chicago.
After the White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos and his team-friendly three-year, $8.25 million contract to the Blue Jays earlier this month for pitching prospect Nestor Molina, most suspected that the club would begin unloading other valuable players as part of a major rebuilding effort. But that apparently isn’t the case.
Danks, 26, has posted a 4.03 ERA in five MLB seasons, averaging 208 innings per year since debuting in 2007. He had been drawing trade interest from multiple teams, including the Yankees and Red Sox.
For more on the extension, check with our friends at CSNChicago.com’s WhiteSoxTalk.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)