Dec 21, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
Cancel the fire sale in Chicago.
After the White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos and his team-friendly three-year, $8.25 million contract to the Blue Jays earlier this month for pitching prospect Nestor Molina, most suspected that the club would begin unloading other valuable players as part of a major rebuilding effort. But that apparently isn’t the case.
Danks, 26, has posted a 4.03 ERA in five MLB seasons, averaging 208 innings per year since debuting in 2007. He had been drawing trade interest from multiple teams, including the Yankees and Red Sox.
For more on the extension, check with our friends at CSNChicago.com’s WhiteSoxTalk.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 0
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)