Dec 21, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Cancel the fire sale in Chicago.
After the White Sox traded closer Sergio Santos and his team-friendly three-year, $8.25 million contract to the Blue Jays earlier this month for pitching prospect Nestor Molina, most suspected that the club would begin unloading other valuable players as part of a major rebuilding effort. But that apparently isn’t the case.
Danks, 26, has posted a 4.03 ERA in five MLB seasons, averaging 208 innings per year since debuting in 2007. He had been drawing trade interest from multiple teams, including the Yankees and Red Sox.
For more on the extension, check with our friends at CSNChicago.com’s WhiteSoxTalk.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39