Dec 22, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
From Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago comes word that the Cubs have signed free agent right-hander Manny Corpas to a one-year major league contract.
No word yet on the dollar amount.
Corpas missed all of the 2011 season after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last September. Once viewed as the “closer of the future” in Colorado, he owns a cool 3.93 career ERA and registered a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings in 2010 before going under the knife.
The Cubs will hope that he can get back on track next season. He’s likely to serve as a middle reliever.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)