Dec 22, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
From Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago comes word that the Cubs have signed free agent right-hander Manny Corpas to a one-year major league contract.
No word yet on the dollar amount.
Corpas missed all of the 2011 season after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last September. Once viewed as the “closer of the future” in Colorado, he owns a cool 3.93 career ERA and registered a 47/22 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings in 2010 before going under the knife.
The Cubs will hope that he can get back on track next season. He’s likely to serve as a middle reliever.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)