Dec 22, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
In the past few days I’ve come to grips with the fact that the Braves aren’t gonna get a shortstop. And I learned that they’re getting into a dumb copyright fight with Disney. These are the usual sort of things that make one roll one’s eyes at the team they love, but it’s survivable.
Not sure this video holiday card from the Braves is survivable, though. Really, the only thing keeping me from dumping them and running back to the Tigers or something is the fact that they non-tendered my boy Peter Moylan here.
But maybe I gotta face facts. He’s nowhere near the worst one in this thing. Really, no one except Eddie Perez really acquitted himself here, and Perez is a freakin’ coach. Chipper Jones may have done more to hurt his Hall of Fame chances with this thing than he would have if he bet $10K on the Braves to lose while eating an HGH and cocaine sandwich on rye.
Just not looking like a good offseason here, people. Not at all.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72