Dec 22, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
In the past few days I’ve come to grips with the fact that the Braves aren’t gonna get a shortstop. And I learned that they’re getting into a dumb copyright fight with Disney. These are the usual sort of things that make one roll one’s eyes at the team they love, but it’s survivable.
Not sure this video holiday card from the Braves is survivable, though. Really, the only thing keeping me from dumping them and running back to the Tigers or something is the fact that they non-tendered my boy Peter Moylan here.
But maybe I gotta face facts. He’s nowhere near the worst one in this thing. Really, no one except Eddie Perez really acquitted himself here, and Perez is a freakin’ coach. Chipper Jones may have done more to hurt his Hall of Fame chances with this thing than he would have if he bet $10K on the Braves to lose while eating an HGH and cocaine sandwich on rye.
Just not looking like a good offseason here, people. Not at all.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)