Dec 22, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
In the past few days I’ve come to grips with the fact that the Braves aren’t gonna get a shortstop. And I learned that they’re getting into a dumb copyright fight with Disney. These are the usual sort of things that make one roll one’s eyes at the team they love, but it’s survivable.
Not sure this video holiday card from the Braves is survivable, though. Really, the only thing keeping me from dumping them and running back to the Tigers or something is the fact that they non-tendered my boy Peter Moylan here.
But maybe I gotta face facts. He’s nowhere near the worst one in this thing. Really, no one except Eddie Perez really acquitted himself here, and Perez is a freakin’ coach. Chipper Jones may have done more to hurt his Hall of Fame chances with this thing than he would have if he bet $10K on the Braves to lose while eating an HGH and cocaine sandwich on rye.
Just not looking like a good offseason here, people. Not at all.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)