Dec 23, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Every time there has been talk of a trade involving the Marlins, Logan Morrison‘s name comes up. It should probably stop coming up, though, because the Marlins consider him — and Mike Stanton, duh — off limits. All of that can be found in a decent “state of the Marlins trade chits” article by Joe Frisaro of MLB.com.
I mostly bring this up because I wanted to mention the fact that Logan Morrison was on Twitter yesterday trolling his followers into believing that Prince Fielder was about to sign with the Mariners. And I find that pretty hilarious. There aren’t enough ballplayers out there who mess with people.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask? I’m another hour’s worth of no news from just posting “It’s a Wonderful Life” quotes.
Get me, I’m givin’ out wings!
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)