Logan Morrison is off limits

Dec 23, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT

Logan Morrison AP

Every time there has been talk of a trade involving the Marlins, Logan Morrison‘s name comes up.  It should probably stop coming up, though, because the Marlins consider him — and Mike Stanton, duh — off limits.  All of that can be found in a decent “state of the Marlins trade chits” article by Joe Frisaro of MLB.com.

I mostly bring this up because I wanted to mention the fact that Logan Morrison was on Twitter yesterday trolling his followers into believing that Prince Fielder was about to sign with the Mariners. And I find that pretty hilarious. There aren’t enough ballplayers out there who mess with people.

Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask?  I’m another hour’s worth of no news from just posting “It’s a Wonderful Life” quotes.

Get me, I’m givin’ out wings!

1. sdelmonte - Dec 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Maybe it’s time for a special retro “And That Happened”?

2. Kyle - Dec 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Some world class trolling right there. As an M’s fan, I got real flustered there for a few moments.

3. casey5jones - Dec 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Craig, can we have another pessimistic Bravos post? Please?

It makes me feel good not to be the only one.

4. Old Gator - Dec 23, 2011 at 12:35 PM

The Iron Giant’s status as the Feesh’s answer to the Ark of the Covenant I understand – he is a source of unspeakable power and he needs to be studied. One of these days I’ll figure out why the Feesh think Tweeter is so “untouchable.” He’s an average left fielder at best, a terrible – and I do mean terrible – clutch hitter (.146 RISP), doesn’t advance runners with his outs, is haunted by an irrational horror of praying mantises, and his Good Morning Vietnam cyberspatial routines and three and a half bucks will net you a cup of flavored coffee at Starbucks but no meaningful offense in that I can discern.

The Feesh aren’t going to score a heart of the rotation peetcher via trade if they’re unwilling to offer substance in return. A healthy Oswalt could be a solid addition. But frankly, they need another impact bat more.

• cur68 - Dec 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I wonder, Gator, if you’ll be happy to know or unhappy to know that I clicked on this article thinking that the title was “Logan Morrison is off his Rocker”. Seeing isn’t my best thing at the moment (i’m sitting in a dark room with my sunglasses on and the screen brightness all the way down just so I can use this computer). After I started to read the article I realized my error and enjoyed a mild chuckle at my foolishness.
      Y’see, I thought it was Craig’s transparent attempt to troll Marlin’s fans: I thought “like, why bother? Surely this is mocking the infirm or picking on Gator and one other guy”. Of course I also thought that Morrison being off his rocker was little less than confirmation rather than actual news as such, but I wasn’t surprised per se that he might be…but then its debatable if Mother Nature saw fit to gift him one in the first place.

• Francisco (FC) - Dec 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM

What are you talking about Gator? I find Starbucks coffee plenty offensive.

• Old Gator - Dec 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Me too – it was a snark about overvaluation, really. Possible misfire. I drink Galapagos Island (San Cristobal) volcanic soil shade grown coffee – we discovered the stuff on a trip to the islands and have been buying packages of it online from a distributor who handles the brand we found down there. I’m ruined now. Otherwise, I also savor Taza of Cincinnati Over the Rhine blend – just scored a pound of it while in Cincy over last weekend for the OTR annual Christmas homecoming concert.

Incidentally, finished Scorpion and the Silence a couple of weeks ago and have been following up on some leads opened up by that book and onward. Very disturbing stuff – I am especially displeased by these generals Chavez has promoted who seem both involved with FARC drug traffickers and have been making ominous noises about what they would do if the opposition won a general election. This is especially disturbing considering some of the rumors about El Presidente‘s rapidly deteriorating health. I can understand a certain measure of authoritarian control when you have powerful and unscrupulous international corporate enemies and seditious hemispheric enemies like the United States but I really am increasingly troubled by the contradiction between his extensive humanitarian reforms and these drug-trafficking officers he feels so comfortable installing in the military.

I suppose if you can eat giant water rats for Easter, I can eat a little crow for the Solstice. Thanks for your anger and your instructiveness.

• Old Gator - Dec 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Silence and the Scorpion.

Edit function!
        Edit function!
        EDIT FUNCTION!

5. uscfan1988 - Dec 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Lomo is a bad left fielder because his natural position is first base. Hes a young power hitter with a lot of upside thats why they covet him so much.

• Francisco (FC) - Dec 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM

There’s an argument to be made that just as a reliever is a “Failed Starter” almost every first baseman is a “Failed Position Player of some kind.”

• uscfan1988 - Dec 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Your absolutely right. Thats what I was trying to say id give more than one thumbs up if I could lol

• Jonny 5 - Dec 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM

And Left field just got a whole heck of a lot bigger with the move to Miami too….

6. crisisjunky - Dec 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM

As a failed Miami Marlin can become a Hiroshima Carp.
    Domo Arigatou

• Old Gator - Dec 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Hiroshima Carp is OK, but Miyajima oysters are better. And okinomiyaki with Miyajima oysters is best.

Orioles turn AL East on its head