Dec 23, 2011, 11:57 AM EST
Every time there has been talk of a trade involving the Marlins, Logan Morrison‘s name comes up. It should probably stop coming up, though, because the Marlins consider him — and Mike Stanton, duh — off limits. All of that can be found in a decent “state of the Marlins trade chits” article by Joe Frisaro of MLB.com.
I mostly bring this up because I wanted to mention the fact that Logan Morrison was on Twitter yesterday trolling his followers into believing that Prince Fielder was about to sign with the Mariners. And I find that pretty hilarious. There aren’t enough ballplayers out there who mess with people.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask? I’m another hour’s worth of no news from just posting “It’s a Wonderful Life” quotes.
Get me, I’m givin’ out wings!
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)