Dec 23, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Every time there has been talk of a trade involving the Marlins, Logan Morrison‘s name comes up. It should probably stop coming up, though, because the Marlins consider him — and Mike Stanton, duh — off limits. All of that can be found in a decent “state of the Marlins trade chits” article by Joe Frisaro of MLB.com.
I mostly bring this up because I wanted to mention the fact that Logan Morrison was on Twitter yesterday trolling his followers into believing that Prince Fielder was about to sign with the Mariners. And I find that pretty hilarious. There aren’t enough ballplayers out there who mess with people.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask? I’m another hour’s worth of no news from just posting “It’s a Wonderful Life” quotes.
Get me, I’m givin’ out wings!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 30
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 35
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 83
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 88
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (103)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)