Dec 23, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
This is fun. Adam Gross from the Metsonline blog talked to a financial industry source to get an assessment of the merits of those minority stakes the Mets are trying to sell off. Click through for the detailed comments of the financial guy. In the meantime, here is the upshot:
He basically responded saying that no one should want to become a minority owner because the benefits that you get from becoming an owner are available for a much cheaper sum and the investment has essentially no upside.
But hey, discounts on foam fingers and stuff.
Anyway, why do I feel like this is going to end much like Tom Hicks’ gambit of selling off minority shares in the Rangers a couple of years ago? With the whole team for sale.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)