Dec 23, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
This is fun. Adam Gross from the Metsonline blog talked to a financial industry source to get an assessment of the merits of those minority stakes the Mets are trying to sell off. Click through for the detailed comments of the financial guy. In the meantime, here is the upshot:
He basically responded saying that no one should want to become a minority owner because the benefits that you get from becoming an owner are available for a much cheaper sum and the investment has essentially no upside.
But hey, discounts on foam fingers and stuff.
Anyway, why do I feel like this is going to end much like Tom Hicks’ gambit of selling off minority shares in the Rangers a couple of years ago? With the whole team for sale.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86