Dec 23, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
This is fun. Adam Gross from the Metsonline blog talked to a financial industry source to get an assessment of the merits of those minority stakes the Mets are trying to sell off. Click through for the detailed comments of the financial guy. In the meantime, here is the upshot:
He basically responded saying that no one should want to become a minority owner because the benefits that you get from becoming an owner are available for a much cheaper sum and the investment has essentially no upside.
But hey, discounts on foam fingers and stuff.
Anyway, why do I feel like this is going to end much like Tom Hicks’ gambit of selling off minority shares in the Rangers a couple of years ago? With the whole team for sale.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17