Dec 23, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
This is fun. Adam Gross from the Metsonline blog talked to a financial industry source to get an assessment of the merits of those minority stakes the Mets are trying to sell off. Click through for the detailed comments of the financial guy. In the meantime, here is the upshot:
He basically responded saying that no one should want to become a minority owner because the benefits that you get from becoming an owner are available for a much cheaper sum and the investment has essentially no upside.
But hey, discounts on foam fingers and stuff.
Anyway, why do I feel like this is going to end much like Tom Hicks’ gambit of selling off minority shares in the Rangers a couple of years ago? With the whole team for sale.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)