Dec 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
The two sides first broached the topic of a long-term deal in September, but decided to table talks until the winter. And now it’s time to get them restarted.
Maybin batted .264/.323/.393 with nine home runs, 24 doubles, eight triples and 40 RBI across 568 plate appearances in 2011 for San Diego. He stole 40 bases in 48 tries and played elite-level defense in the outfield.
The 24-year-old former Tiger and Marlin is set to reach arbitration eligibility after the 2012 season.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)