Dec 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
The two sides first broached the topic of a long-term deal in September, but decided to table talks until the winter. And now it’s time to get them restarted.
Maybin batted .264/.323/.393 with nine home runs, 24 doubles, eight triples and 40 RBI across 568 plate appearances in 2011 for San Diego. He stole 40 bases in 48 tries and played elite-level defense in the outfield.
The 24-year-old former Tiger and Marlin is set to reach arbitration eligibility after the 2012 season.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)