Dec 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
The two sides first broached the topic of a long-term deal in September, but decided to table talks until the winter. And now it’s time to get them restarted.
Maybin batted .264/.323/.393 with nine home runs, 24 doubles, eight triples and 40 RBI across 568 plate appearances in 2011 for San Diego. He stole 40 bases in 48 tries and played elite-level defense in the outfield.
The 24-year-old former Tiger and Marlin is set to reach arbitration eligibility after the 2012 season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 41
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 214
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)