Dec 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
The two sides first broached the topic of a long-term deal in September, but decided to table talks until the winter. And now it’s time to get them restarted.
Maybin batted .264/.323/.393 with nine home runs, 24 doubles, eight triples and 40 RBI across 568 plate appearances in 2011 for San Diego. He stole 40 bases in 48 tries and played elite-level defense in the outfield.
The 24-year-old former Tiger and Marlin is set to reach arbitration eligibility after the 2012 season.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 16
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 82
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 13
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)