Dec 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
The two sides first broached the topic of a long-term deal in September, but decided to table talks until the winter. And now it’s time to get them restarted.
Maybin batted .264/.323/.393 with nine home runs, 24 doubles, eight triples and 40 RBI across 568 plate appearances in 2011 for San Diego. He stole 40 bases in 48 tries and played elite-level defense in the outfield.
The 24-year-old former Tiger and Marlin is set to reach arbitration eligibility after the 2012 season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)