Dec 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
We knew about Corpas last week, although it was originally reported as a one-year major-league deal.
Sonnanstine, who turns 29 in March, was non-tendered by the Rays in December after posting a 5.55 ERA and 12/12 K/BB ratio over 35 2/3 innings at the major league level this past season. Oh, he also gave up 10 home runs. Eek. The soft-tossing right-hander has a 5.26 ERA over 540 1/3 innings in the majors, averaging 5.7 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9.
Nothing to get excited about here, but worth adding him as insurance for the bullpen and starting rotation.
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 8
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 3
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)