Dec 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
We knew about Corpas last week, although it was originally reported as a one-year major-league deal.
Sonnanstine, who turns 29 in March, was non-tendered by the Rays in December after posting a 5.55 ERA and 12/12 K/BB ratio over 35 2/3 innings at the major league level this past season. Oh, he also gave up 10 home runs. Eek. The soft-tossing right-hander has a 5.26 ERA over 540 1/3 innings in the majors, averaging 5.7 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9.
Nothing to get excited about here, but worth adding him as insurance for the bullpen and starting rotation.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)