Dec 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
We knew about Corpas last week, although it was originally reported as a one-year major-league deal.
Sonnanstine, who turns 29 in March, was non-tendered by the Rays in December after posting a 5.55 ERA and 12/12 K/BB ratio over 35 2/3 innings at the major league level this past season. Oh, he also gave up 10 home runs. Eek. The soft-tossing right-hander has a 5.26 ERA over 540 1/3 innings in the majors, averaging 5.7 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9.
Nothing to get excited about here, but worth adding him as insurance for the bullpen and starting rotation.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 21
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)