Dec 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
We knew about Corpas last week, although it was originally reported as a one-year major-league deal.
Sonnanstine, who turns 29 in March, was non-tendered by the Rays in December after posting a 5.55 ERA and 12/12 K/BB ratio over 35 2/3 innings at the major league level this past season. Oh, he also gave up 10 home runs. Eek. The soft-tossing right-hander has a 5.26 ERA over 540 1/3 innings in the majors, averaging 5.7 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9.
Nothing to get excited about here, but worth adding him as insurance for the bullpen and starting rotation.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)