Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Back in October we passed along word that MLB had hired a new security chief. He’s Bill Bordley, who once had a cup of coffee for the San Francisco Giants back in 1980 and then went on to become a Secret Service agent.
Today’s Washington Post has a feature on him and his background. Including the time, when he was assigned to President Clinton, that “a raven-haired young lady who did not have the proper credential” showed up at the Oval Office and wanted to see old Bill. Yeah, it was Lewinsky:
… and yes, as Bordley himself would be quoted in Sect. IV (A) of the Report of the Independent Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, the president eventually interceded and told Bordley it was okay for her to come in. According to the report, Bordley noted that she exited the Oval Office an hour later.
So, baseball Annies: beware. Or at least make sure the player you’re there to meet can intercede on your behalf.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)