Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Back in October we passed along word that MLB had hired a new security chief. He’s Bill Bordley, who once had a cup of coffee for the San Francisco Giants back in 1980 and then went on to become a Secret Service agent.
Today’s Washington Post has a feature on him and his background. Including the time, when he was assigned to President Clinton, that “a raven-haired young lady who did not have the proper credential” showed up at the Oval Office and wanted to see old Bill. Yeah, it was Lewinsky:
… and yes, as Bordley himself would be quoted in Sect. IV (A) of the Report of the Independent Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, the president eventually interceded and told Bordley it was okay for her to come in. According to the report, Bordley noted that she exited the Oval Office an hour later.
So, baseball Annies: beware. Or at least make sure the player you’re there to meet can intercede on your behalf.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)