Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Back in October we passed along word that MLB had hired a new security chief. He’s Bill Bordley, who once had a cup of coffee for the San Francisco Giants back in 1980 and then went on to become a Secret Service agent.
Today’s Washington Post has a feature on him and his background. Including the time, when he was assigned to President Clinton, that “a raven-haired young lady who did not have the proper credential” showed up at the Oval Office and wanted to see old Bill. Yeah, it was Lewinsky:
… and yes, as Bordley himself would be quoted in Sect. IV (A) of the Report of the Independent Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, the president eventually interceded and told Bordley it was okay for her to come in. According to the report, Bordley noted that she exited the Oval Office an hour later.
So, baseball Annies: beware. Or at least make sure the player you’re there to meet can intercede on your behalf.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)