Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Back in October we passed along word that MLB had hired a new security chief. He’s Bill Bordley, who once had a cup of coffee for the San Francisco Giants back in 1980 and then went on to become a Secret Service agent.
Today’s Washington Post has a feature on him and his background. Including the time, when he was assigned to President Clinton, that “a raven-haired young lady who did not have the proper credential” showed up at the Oval Office and wanted to see old Bill. Yeah, it was Lewinsky:
… and yes, as Bordley himself would be quoted in Sect. IV (A) of the Report of the Independent Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, the president eventually interceded and told Bordley it was okay for her to come in. According to the report, Bordley noted that she exited the Oval Office an hour later.
So, baseball Annies: beware. Or at least make sure the player you’re there to meet can intercede on your behalf.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)