Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Back in October we passed along word that MLB had hired a new security chief. He’s Bill Bordley, who once had a cup of coffee for the San Francisco Giants back in 1980 and then went on to become a Secret Service agent.
Today’s Washington Post has a feature on him and his background. Including the time, when he was assigned to President Clinton, that “a raven-haired young lady who did not have the proper credential” showed up at the Oval Office and wanted to see old Bill. Yeah, it was Lewinsky:
… and yes, as Bordley himself would be quoted in Sect. IV (A) of the Report of the Independent Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, the president eventually interceded and told Bordley it was okay for her to come in. According to the report, Bordley noted that she exited the Oval Office an hour later.
So, baseball Annies: beware. Or at least make sure the player you’re there to meet can intercede on your behalf.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims