Dec 26, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
Hired as the Red Sox’s new pitching coach last week, Bob McClure said during a radio interview yesterday that his philosophy is to “kick ass and win” in Boston.
McClure also said that he likes the idea of Daniel Bard coming into spring training with plans to compete for a rotation spot, because switching back to a relief workload is relatively painless.
As the Royals’ pitching coach McClure worked with both Joakim Soria and Kyle Farnsworth as starters in camp, eventually shifting them to the bullpen with plenty of success. In addition to Bard the Red Sox will also give Alfredo Aceves the opportunity to claim a rotation spot.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 146
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)