Dec 26, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
Hired as the Red Sox’s new pitching coach last week, Bob McClure said during a radio interview yesterday that his philosophy is to “kick ass and win” in Boston.
McClure also said that he likes the idea of Daniel Bard coming into spring training with plans to compete for a rotation spot, because switching back to a relief workload is relatively painless.
As the Royals’ pitching coach McClure worked with both Joakim Soria and Kyle Farnsworth as starters in camp, eventually shifting them to the bullpen with plenty of success. In addition to Bard the Red Sox will also give Alfredo Aceves the opportunity to claim a rotation spot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)