Dec 26, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Colorado seemingly had all the outfield depth it needs and then some after signing Michael Cuddyer, but apparently they’re not done pursuing right-handed hitting outfielders.
If they’re close to moving Smith then Ross could take his place on the roster, but that doesn’t change the fact that there won’t be much playing time to go around.
Ross hit .240 with 14 homers and a .730 OPS in 121 games for the Giants this past season, posting his worst production since 2006.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)