Dec 26, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Colorado seemingly had all the outfield depth it needs and then some after signing Michael Cuddyer, but apparently they’re not done pursuing right-handed hitting outfielders.
If they’re close to moving Smith then Ross could take his place on the roster, but that doesn’t change the fact that there won’t be much playing time to go around.
Ross hit .240 with 14 homers and a .730 OPS in 121 games for the Giants this past season, posting his worst production since 2006.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)