Dec 26, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Colorado seemingly had all the outfield depth it needs and then some after signing Michael Cuddyer, but apparently they’re not done pursuing right-handed hitting outfielders.
If they’re close to moving Smith then Ross could take his place on the roster, but that doesn’t change the fact that there won’t be much playing time to go around.
Ross hit .240 with 14 homers and a .730 OPS in 121 games for the Giants this past season, posting his worst production since 2006.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20