Dec 26, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
You can see the incident for yourself in this video.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said yesterday that the team was looking into the situation, but in the meantime the Venezuelan winter league has suspended Torrealba for 66 games, which amounts to the rest of this winter league season and all of next season.
Torrealba, who’s under contract with the Rangers for $3.25 million in 2012, could still face further discipline from MLB.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)