Dec 26, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
You can see the incident for yourself in this video.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said yesterday that the team was looking into the situation, but in the meantime the Venezuelan winter league has suspended Torrealba for 66 games, which amounts to the rest of this winter league season and all of next season.
Torrealba, who’s under contract with the Rangers for $3.25 million in 2012, could still face further discipline from MLB.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)