Dec 27, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, maybe not.
“Not only is that inaccurate and delusional, but it seems that some people have gotten into their New Year’s Eve stash just a little bit early this year,” Boras told ESPNChicago.com on Tuesday.
“It appears some baseball people are just bored,” Boras said. “That’s when you hear ideas like that floated.”
7:00 PM: According to what Peter Gammons of MLB Network and NESN is hearing, yes, he could:
For the record, Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch heard similar information a couple weeks ago. And it’s potentially a very smart strategy. There’s no clear front-runner for Fielder at the moment, but if he’s truly willing to sign a short-term deal with a high annual average salary, some interesting and unexpected teams could get involved in the bidding.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)