Dec 27, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary on that — it’s chatter-worthy for fans of the Sox, but sort of meaningless because it’s not happening — but I’m way more interested in this passage Minihane whipped out before proposing his idea:
The Red Sox did not collapse in September because they couldn’t hit. They didn’t collapse in September because of lack of leadership. They didn’t collapse in September because Terry Francona lost 75 baseball IQ points overnight. They didn’t collapse in September because Theo Epstein and Lucchino couldn’t stand each other. The Greatest Team That Ever Wasn’t went 7-20 in September because they could not pitch.
He may have a point here, but really, take away beer and chicken and front office drama, and there’s really not much fun to say about this team. Just a total buzzkill, ya know?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8