Dec 27, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary on that — it’s chatter-worthy for fans of the Sox, but sort of meaningless because it’s not happening — but I’m way more interested in this passage Minihane whipped out before proposing his idea:
The Red Sox did not collapse in September because they couldn’t hit. They didn’t collapse in September because of lack of leadership. They didn’t collapse in September because Terry Francona lost 75 baseball IQ points overnight. They didn’t collapse in September because Theo Epstein and Lucchino couldn’t stand each other. The Greatest Team That Ever Wasn’t went 7-20 in September because they could not pitch.
He may have a point here, but really, take away beer and chicken and front office drama, and there’s really not much fun to say about this team. Just a total buzzkill, ya know?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)