Dec 28, 2011, 7:41 PM EST
The Red Sox have also shown serious interest in Garza, and would do well to add a quality starter to their bleeding staff, but they don’t have the kind of pitching prospects that the Blue Jays and Yankees do. Guys like Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino.
Garza, 28, registered a 3.32 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 31 starts this past season for the Cubs, fanning 197 batters and walking only 63 in 198 innings of work. He’s arbitration-eligible for two more years.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)