Dec 28, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
The Red Sox have also shown serious interest in Garza, and would do well to add a quality starter to their bleeding staff, but they don’t have the kind of pitching prospects that the Blue Jays and Yankees do. Guys like Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino.
Garza, 28, registered a 3.32 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 31 starts this past season for the Cubs, fanning 197 batters and walking only 63 in 198 innings of work. He’s arbitration-eligible for two more years.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)