Dec 28, 2011, 7:41 PM EST
The Red Sox have also shown serious interest in Garza, and would do well to add a quality starter to their bleeding staff, but they don’t have the kind of pitching prospects that the Blue Jays and Yankees do. Guys like Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino.
Garza, 28, registered a 3.32 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 31 starts this past season for the Cubs, fanning 197 batters and walking only 63 in 198 innings of work. He’s arbitration-eligible for two more years.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)