Dec 28, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
The Red Sox have also shown serious interest in Garza, and would do well to add a quality starter to their bleeding staff, but they don’t have the kind of pitching prospects that the Blue Jays and Yankees do. Guys like Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino.
Garza, 28, registered a 3.32 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 31 starts this past season for the Cubs, fanning 197 batters and walking only 63 in 198 innings of work. He’s arbitration-eligible for two more years.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 10
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)