Dec 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The gap, Heyman says, is about years as much as money. The team had previously offered a four-year deal, and have reportedly improved on it, but Lincecum wants eight years. Which one wonders if anyone is ever willing to do for a pitcher.
Lincecum still has two more years before he can be a free agent, but his arbitration figures are going to be big, eventually hitting $20 million, one figures, so there is an incentive here for the Giants to make something happen, even if it’s just a buyout of the arbitration years.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (117)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)