Dec 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The gap, Heyman says, is about years as much as money. The team had previously offered a four-year deal, and have reportedly improved on it, but Lincecum wants eight years. Which one wonders if anyone is ever willing to do for a pitcher.
Lincecum still has two more years before he can be a free agent, but his arbitration figures are going to be big, eventually hitting $20 million, one figures, so there is an incentive here for the Giants to make something happen, even if it’s just a buyout of the arbitration years.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)