Dec 30, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember how during the playoffs you couldn’t go ten friggin’ seconds without someone reminding you that Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter were best buddies and how they were going fishing in the Amazon in the offseason? Well, they did. And professional fisherman Skeet Reece went with them. He blogged about it a couple of weeks ago, but it seems like people are just picking it up and tweeting it around today.
Fun takeaway number 1: Halladay and Reece came across a local who had just been attacked by an Anaconda. Had “bite marks on his ass” and everything. Halladay and Reece helped the guy get his boat back in order and on to safety. Phillies fans have sent this to me multiple times today, characterizing it as “Halladay saved a dude from an anaconda attack!” I suppose that, loosely speaking, that’s sort of accurate. But c’mon. Read the post. Dude saved himself.
More notable: Chris Carpenter apparently broke his toe:
Carpenter was moving from one boat to another one afternoon and cracked his toe on the side of the boat; it was all swollen and black and blue the next morning.
I think I’ve broken eight of my toes and I can’t think of one of ‘em that would have kept me from doing anything athletic a couple of months later, so I’m guessing Carpenter will be fine. And heck, at least he didn’t get bitten on the ass by an anaconda.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 4
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)