Dec 30, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember how during the playoffs you couldn’t go ten friggin’ seconds without someone reminding you that Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter were best buddies and how they were going fishing in the Amazon in the offseason? Well, they did. And professional fisherman Skeet Reece went with them. He blogged about it a couple of weeks ago, but it seems like people are just picking it up and tweeting it around today.
Fun takeaway number 1: Halladay and Reece came across a local who had just been attacked by an Anaconda. Had “bite marks on his ass” and everything. Halladay and Reece helped the guy get his boat back in order and on to safety. Phillies fans have sent this to me multiple times today, characterizing it as “Halladay saved a dude from an anaconda attack!” I suppose that, loosely speaking, that’s sort of accurate. But c’mon. Read the post. Dude saved himself.
More notable: Chris Carpenter apparently broke his toe:
Carpenter was moving from one boat to another one afternoon and cracked his toe on the side of the boat; it was all swollen and black and blue the next morning.
I think I’ve broken eight of my toes and I can’t think of one of ‘em that would have kept me from doing anything athletic a couple of months later, so I’m guessing Carpenter will be fine. And heck, at least he didn’t get bitten on the ass by an anaconda.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)