Dec 30, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Remember how during the playoffs you couldn’t go ten friggin’ seconds without someone reminding you that Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter were best buddies and how they were going fishing in the Amazon in the offseason? Well, they did. And professional fisherman Skeet Reece went with them. He blogged about it a couple of weeks ago, but it seems like people are just picking it up and tweeting it around today.
Fun takeaway number 1: Halladay and Reece came across a local who had just been attacked by an Anaconda. Had “bite marks on his ass” and everything. Halladay and Reece helped the guy get his boat back in order and on to safety. Phillies fans have sent this to me multiple times today, characterizing it as “Halladay saved a dude from an anaconda attack!” I suppose that, loosely speaking, that’s sort of accurate. But c’mon. Read the post. Dude saved himself.
More notable: Chris Carpenter apparently broke his toe:
Carpenter was moving from one boat to another one afternoon and cracked his toe on the side of the boat; it was all swollen and black and blue the next morning.
I think I’ve broken eight of my toes and I can’t think of one of ‘em that would have kept me from doing anything athletic a couple of months later, so I’m guessing Carpenter will be fine. And heck, at least he didn’t get bitten on the ass by an anaconda.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)