Dec 30, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Rutgers fans and New Yorkers will likely remember how the turf at Yankee Stadium didn’t do too well for college football when a game was played their last month. Today the Pinstripe Bowl will be played — Rutgers again — and the New York Times has a story about all the precautions being taken to ensure that everyone’s footing is better off than it was.
I know the old Yankee Stadium had a storied past as a home for football and I know that they’ve played football in new Yankee Stadium for the past couple of years. But egad, it bothers me to see something as exquisite and sublime as a baseball field being used for something as crass as football.
It’s like playing racquetball in an art museum.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)