Dec 30, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
UPDATE: T.R. Sullivan confirms the deal. It’s a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The terms are still unknown, but Oliver made $3.25 million last year and all he did was have the best season of his career at age 41. And of course he’s a left hander, and lefty relievers all have Lazarus Pits that help them live forever, so he may as well sign a ten year deal. Dollar-for-dollar, it will probably work out better for the Jays than A-Rod’s is for the Yankees.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)