Dec 30, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: T.R. Sullivan confirms the deal. It’s a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The terms are still unknown, but Oliver made $3.25 million last year and all he did was have the best season of his career at age 41. And of course he’s a left hander, and lefty relievers all have Lazarus Pits that help them live forever, so he may as well sign a ten year deal. Dollar-for-dollar, it will probably work out better for the Jays than A-Rod’s is for the Yankees.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39