Dec 30, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: T.R. Sullivan confirms the deal. It’s a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The terms are still unknown, but Oliver made $3.25 million last year and all he did was have the best season of his career at age 41. And of course he’s a left hander, and lefty relievers all have Lazarus Pits that help them live forever, so he may as well sign a ten year deal. Dollar-for-dollar, it will probably work out better for the Jays than A-Rod’s is for the Yankees.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)