Dec 30, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
UPDATE: T.R. Sullivan confirms the deal. It’s a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The terms are still unknown, but Oliver made $3.25 million last year and all he did was have the best season of his career at age 41. And of course he’s a left hander, and lefty relievers all have Lazarus Pits that help them live forever, so he may as well sign a ten year deal. Dollar-for-dollar, it will probably work out better for the Jays than A-Rod’s is for the Yankees.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 69
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)