Jan 1, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
It’s yet another sign — if we’re ignoring the recent contract extension given to John Danks — that the Pale Hose are entering full rebuilding mode.
Frasor posted a decent 3.60 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio in 60 innings last season between Chicago and Toronto. He was traded from the Blue Jays to the White Sox at the July 31 deadline, but is now back in the Toronto ‘pen to serve as middle relief in 2012.
Jaye, 20, was a 17th-round selection in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft. He had a 3.00 ERA and 49/18 K/BB ratio in 54 innings last year in rookie ball. Webb, 22, was an 18th-round pick in 2009 and registered a 5.48 ERA and 51/24 K/BB ratio across 67 1/3 innings last season between two different levels of Single-A.
The White Sox exercised a $3.75 million club option on Frasor in late October.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 1
- The Lester trade is a win-win 73
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 139
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (139)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (119)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)