Jan 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com suggests that the Orioles could be a surprise fit. While the two sides have talked in recent days, he acknowledges that this is more of a guess on his part. Long live the mystery team.
“Covelli has made up his mind,” said Comte, using Crisp’s given name. “Basically, we just have to let that team know.”
The Athletics are interested in re-signing Crisp, but Compte told Slusser than he has discussed his client with 13-14 teams this offseason. The Cubs and Dodgers have also been linked to the free agent center fielder in recent weeks.
Crisp, who turned 32 in November, batted .264/314/.379 with eight home runs, 54 RBI and a .693 OPS over 583 plate appearances in 2011. He tied Brett Gardner for the American League lead with 49 stolen bases.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)