Jan 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com suggests that the Orioles could be a surprise fit. While the two sides have talked in recent days, he acknowledges that this is more of a guess on his part. Long live the mystery team.
“Covelli has made up his mind,” said Comte, using Crisp’s given name. “Basically, we just have to let that team know.”
The Athletics are interested in re-signing Crisp, but Compte told Slusser than he has discussed his client with 13-14 teams this offseason. The Cubs and Dodgers have also been linked to the free agent center fielder in recent weeks.
Crisp, who turned 32 in November, batted .264/314/.379 with eight home runs, 54 RBI and a .693 OPS over 583 plate appearances in 2011. He tied Brett Gardner for the American League lead with 49 stolen bases.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)