Jan 2, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The New York Rangers just defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 in the fifth annual NHL Winter Classic, which took place this year at Citizens Park Park in Philadelphia. Here’s a pretty cool look at the transformation of the Phillies’ home stadium as U.S. Air Force fighter jets did a fly over during the pre-game ceremonies.
By the way, only 97 days until the Phillies’ home opener against the new-look Miami Marlins on April 9.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles