Jan 2, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The New York Rangers just defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 in the fifth annual NHL Winter Classic, which took place this year at Citizens Park Park in Philadelphia. Here’s a pretty cool look at the transformation of the Phillies’ home stadium as U.S. Air Force fighter jets did a fly over during the pre-game ceremonies.
By the way, only 97 days until the Phillies’ home opener against the new-look Miami Marlins on April 9.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)