Jan 2, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The New York Rangers just defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 in the fifth annual NHL Winter Classic, which took place this year at Citizens Park Park in Philadelphia. Here’s a pretty cool look at the transformation of the Phillies’ home stadium as U.S. Air Force fighter jets did a fly over during the pre-game ceremonies.
By the way, only 97 days until the Phillies’ home opener against the new-look Miami Marlins on April 9.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)