Jan 2, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
The New York Rangers just defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 in the fifth annual NHL Winter Classic, which took place this year at Citizens Park Park in Philadelphia. Here’s a pretty cool look at the transformation of the Phillies’ home stadium as U.S. Air Force fighter jets did a fly over during the pre-game ceremonies.
By the way, only 97 days until the Phillies’ home opener against the new-look Miami Marlins on April 9.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72