Jan 2, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
Rick Peterson wasn’t a candidate for the Red Sox pitching coach job, but he did have multiple interviews earlier this offseason for a position in the Orioles’ organization. And according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, he is expected to be hired by the club within the next few days.
Peterson was previously a pitching coach in the big leagues with the Athletics, Mets and Brewers. Rick Adair is returning as Orioles’ pitching coach in 2012, so the nature of Peterson’s new gig isn’t exactly clear. While he technically interviewed for the team’s vacant minor league pitching coordinator position, he is expected to be given wider responsibilities within the organization.
One other interesting hire passed along by Connolly is Chris Correnti, who formerly worked as a physical therapist with the Red Sox while new Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette was the general manager. Like Peterson, he is highly-regarded for his use of pitching biomechanics. Correnti served as Pedro Martinez‘s personal trainer in 2006 and joined Peterson on the Mets’ staff in 2007. He hasn’t worked for a professional team since being let go by New York following the 2010 season.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)