Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
As we noted last night, Coco Crisp has decided where’s he’ll sign. Where? This is pretty loose — even the guy passing it along, Jim Bowden, says it’s unconfirmed — but Bowden says that Coco Crisp is going to re-sign with the Oakland Athletics.
If he did, it would make him on of the few grownups still remaining on a largely deconstructed roster. Plus, the only one who has his own secret service, which is a fact I still absolutely love.
Crisp, who is 32, hit .264/314/.379 with eight home runs and 54 RBI. He steals lots of bases so people will call him a good leadoff hitter despite the poor OBP. People do a lot of things.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)