Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
As we noted last night, Coco Crisp has decided where’s he’ll sign. Where? This is pretty loose — even the guy passing it along, Jim Bowden, says it’s unconfirmed — but Bowden says that Coco Crisp is going to re-sign with the Oakland Athletics.
If he did, it would make him on of the few grownups still remaining on a largely deconstructed roster. Plus, the only one who has his own secret service, which is a fact I still absolutely love.
Crisp, who is 32, hit .264/314/.379 with eight home runs and 54 RBI. He steals lots of bases so people will call him a good leadoff hitter despite the poor OBP. People do a lot of things.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)