Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
As we noted last night, Coco Crisp has decided where’s he’ll sign. Where? This is pretty loose — even the guy passing it along, Jim Bowden, says it’s unconfirmed — but Bowden says that Coco Crisp is going to re-sign with the Oakland Athletics.
If he did, it would make him on of the few grownups still remaining on a largely deconstructed roster. Plus, the only one who has his own secret service, which is a fact I still absolutely love.
Crisp, who is 32, hit .264/314/.379 with eight home runs and 54 RBI. He steals lots of bases so people will call him a good leadoff hitter despite the poor OBP. People do a lot of things.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (119)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)