Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
As we noted last night, Coco Crisp has decided where’s he’ll sign. Where? This is pretty loose — even the guy passing it along, Jim Bowden, says it’s unconfirmed — but Bowden says that Coco Crisp is going to re-sign with the Oakland Athletics.
If he did, it would make him on of the few grownups still remaining on a largely deconstructed roster. Plus, the only one who has his own secret service, which is a fact I still absolutely love.
Crisp, who is 32, hit .264/314/.379 with eight home runs and 54 RBI. He steals lots of bases so people will call him a good leadoff hitter despite the poor OBP. People do a lot of things.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 25
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)