Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
As we noted last night, Coco Crisp has decided where’s he’ll sign. Where? This is pretty loose — even the guy passing it along, Jim Bowden, says it’s unconfirmed — but Bowden says that Coco Crisp is going to re-sign with the Oakland Athletics.
If he did, it would make him on of the few grownups still remaining on a largely deconstructed roster. Plus, the only one who has his own secret service, which is a fact I still absolutely love.
Crisp, who is 32, hit .264/314/.379 with eight home runs and 54 RBI. He steals lots of bases so people will call him a good leadoff hitter despite the poor OBP. People do a lot of things.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)