Jan 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
While the Rangers and Darvish are currently in their 30-day window to negotiate a deal, there’s no sense, to the extent much sense can be gleaned from the translation, that a deal is close. Rather, Darvish is trying “to get valuable information before negotiations begin in earnest.”
But it certainly is a long flight just to get a sense of the place. And all indications are that Darvish will sign with the Rangers. So perhaps there will be a press conference while he’s in town.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)