Jan 3, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Phrasing. Seriously people. Just makes the Cardinals sound like creepers.
But according to Nick Cafardo, the Cardinals are “eyeing” the free agent Oswalt. The free agent Oswalt who is open to a one-year deal and would be really attractive to any number of teams on such a basis. And who, back when he was on the trading block from the Astros in 2010, made it clear that St. Louis was a place he would have been eager to go if a deal could be struck.
But really people: can we go back to “kicking the tires?” Because all of this “sniffing around” and “being eyed” stuff is all so “Dateline: NBC” and it’s really weirding me out.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)