Jan 3, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Phrasing. Seriously people. Just makes the Cardinals sound like creepers.
But according to Nick Cafardo, the Cardinals are “eyeing” the free agent Oswalt. The free agent Oswalt who is open to a one-year deal and would be really attractive to any number of teams on such a basis. And who, back when he was on the trading block from the Astros in 2010, made it clear that St. Louis was a place he would have been eager to go if a deal could be struck.
But really people: can we go back to “kicking the tires?” Because all of this “sniffing around” and “being eyed” stuff is all so “Dateline: NBC” and it’s really weirding me out.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)