Jan 3, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Phrasing. Seriously people. Just makes the Cardinals sound like creepers.
But according to Nick Cafardo, the Cardinals are “eyeing” the free agent Oswalt. The free agent Oswalt who is open to a one-year deal and would be really attractive to any number of teams on such a basis. And who, back when he was on the trading block from the Astros in 2010, made it clear that St. Louis was a place he would have been eager to go if a deal could be struck.
But really people: can we go back to “kicking the tires?” Because all of this “sniffing around” and “being eyed” stuff is all so “Dateline: NBC” and it’s really weirding me out.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)