Jan 4, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
If you had planned on spending a billion bucks but didn’t have time to get the paperwork together until after January 13, don’t worry: you have ten more days to put a bid in on the Dodgers:
The Dodgers have extended the deadline by which prospective buyers must submit their opening bids for the team. Bids now are due Jan. 23. The deadline was delayed 10 days to accommodate the “substantial interest of potential bidders,” Dodgers spokesman Robert Siegfried said.
If they were that interested you’d think they’d make a point to hit the deadline, but what do I know? Despite Siegfried’s denial, it seems quite plausible that the delay is to see what happens with the litigation going on right now over whether Frank McCourt can sell the Dodgers’ media rights off with the team or if the new owners have to wait until the Fox deal expires. There’s a hearing on that on January 12. I haven’t written much about that because it’s really boring, by the way. All I care about when it comes to the Dodgers and TV is whether Vin Scully is broadcasting the game.
As of now the deadline for McCourt to pick a winner is still April 1 and the deadline for the sale to be finalized is still April 30. Hold tight until then, Dodgers fans.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 34
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)