Jan 4, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
If you had planned on spending a billion bucks but didn’t have time to get the paperwork together until after January 13, don’t worry: you have ten more days to put a bid in on the Dodgers:
The Dodgers have extended the deadline by which prospective buyers must submit their opening bids for the team. Bids now are due Jan. 23. The deadline was delayed 10 days to accommodate the “substantial interest of potential bidders,” Dodgers spokesman Robert Siegfried said.
If they were that interested you’d think they’d make a point to hit the deadline, but what do I know? Despite Siegfried’s denial, it seems quite plausible that the delay is to see what happens with the litigation going on right now over whether Frank McCourt can sell the Dodgers’ media rights off with the team or if the new owners have to wait until the Fox deal expires. There’s a hearing on that on January 12. I haven’t written much about that because it’s really boring, by the way. All I care about when it comes to the Dodgers and TV is whether Vin Scully is broadcasting the game.
As of now the deadline for McCourt to pick a winner is still April 1 and the deadline for the sale to be finalized is still April 30. Hold tight until then, Dodgers fans.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)