Jan 4, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
If you had planned on spending a billion bucks but didn’t have time to get the paperwork together until after January 13, don’t worry: you have ten more days to put a bid in on the Dodgers:
The Dodgers have extended the deadline by which prospective buyers must submit their opening bids for the team. Bids now are due Jan. 23. The deadline was delayed 10 days to accommodate the “substantial interest of potential bidders,” Dodgers spokesman Robert Siegfried said.
If they were that interested you’d think they’d make a point to hit the deadline, but what do I know? Despite Siegfried’s denial, it seems quite plausible that the delay is to see what happens with the litigation going on right now over whether Frank McCourt can sell the Dodgers’ media rights off with the team or if the new owners have to wait until the Fox deal expires. There’s a hearing on that on January 12. I haven’t written much about that because it’s really boring, by the way. All I care about when it comes to the Dodgers and TV is whether Vin Scully is broadcasting the game.
As of now the deadline for McCourt to pick a winner is still April 1 and the deadline for the sale to be finalized is still April 30. Hold tight until then, Dodgers fans.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 1
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 58
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)