Jan 4, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
If you had planned on spending a billion bucks but didn’t have time to get the paperwork together until after January 13, don’t worry: you have ten more days to put a bid in on the Dodgers:
The Dodgers have extended the deadline by which prospective buyers must submit their opening bids for the team. Bids now are due Jan. 23. The deadline was delayed 10 days to accommodate the “substantial interest of potential bidders,” Dodgers spokesman Robert Siegfried said.
If they were that interested you’d think they’d make a point to hit the deadline, but what do I know? Despite Siegfried’s denial, it seems quite plausible that the delay is to see what happens with the litigation going on right now over whether Frank McCourt can sell the Dodgers’ media rights off with the team or if the new owners have to wait until the Fox deal expires. There’s a hearing on that on January 12. I haven’t written much about that because it’s really boring, by the way. All I care about when it comes to the Dodgers and TV is whether Vin Scully is broadcasting the game.
As of now the deadline for McCourt to pick a winner is still April 1 and the deadline for the sale to be finalized is still April 30. Hold tight until then, Dodgers fans.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)