Jan 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The deal, which was first discussed last month, will pay Brackman the veteran major league minimum. It also carries some performance-based incentives.
Brackman was selected by the Yankees with 30th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Amateur Draft but failed to meet the hype within the Bombers’ minor league system. A native of Cincinnati and former basketball and baseball standout at Moeller High School, he’ll look to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.
Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings last year at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)