Jan 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The deal, which was first discussed last month, will pay Brackman the veteran major league minimum. It also carries some performance-based incentives.
Brackman was selected by the Yankees with 30th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Amateur Draft but failed to meet the hype within the Bombers’ minor league system. A native of Cincinnati and former basketball and baseball standout at Moeller High School, he’ll look to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.
Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings last year at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)