Jan 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The deal, which was first discussed last month, will pay Brackman the veteran major league minimum. It also carries some performance-based incentives.
Brackman was selected by the Yankees with 30th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Amateur Draft but failed to meet the hype within the Bombers’ minor league system. A native of Cincinnati and former basketball and baseball standout at Moeller High School, he’ll look to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.
Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings last year at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 1
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 56
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 159
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (159)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)