Jan 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The deal, which was first discussed last month, will pay Brackman the veteran major league minimum. It also carries some performance-based incentives.
Brackman was selected by the Yankees with 30th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Amateur Draft but failed to meet the hype within the Bombers’ minor league system. A native of Cincinnati and former basketball and baseball standout at Moeller High School, he’ll look to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.
Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings last year at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 77
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)