Jan 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The deal, which was first discussed last month, will pay Brackman the veteran major league minimum. It also carries some performance-based incentives.
Brackman was selected by the Yankees with 30th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Amateur Draft but failed to meet the hype within the Bombers’ minor league system. A native of Cincinnati and former basketball and baseball standout at Moeller High School, he’ll look to revitalize his career with a change of scenery.
Brackman had a 6.00 ERA and 75/75 K/BB ratio in 96 innings last year at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)