Jan 4, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
A couple of times over the past couple of weeks we’ve heard reports that the Tigers were willing to trade top prospect Jacob Turner for a veteran starter. Reports like this one from Buster Olney last week:
Tigers have made it known to other teams that they are willing to trade Jacob Turner in a deal for the right pitcher.
But that’s not true says GM Dave Dombrowski. He told Lynn Henning today that they have no plans to trade Turner at all. And that the only time the matter was even discussed was when the Athletics mentioned his name in talks about Gio Gonzalez. Dombrowski said that was not gonna happen. And now there are no talks involving Turner at all.
On the one hand this should make Tigers fans happy, because the kid is good. On the other hand, we all learned recently that you gotta take what GMs say this time of year with a grain of salt. Like, a grain this big.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?