Jan 4, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
A couple of times over the past couple of weeks we’ve heard reports that the Tigers were willing to trade top prospect Jacob Turner for a veteran starter. Reports like this one from Buster Olney last week:
Tigers have made it known to other teams that they are willing to trade Jacob Turner in a deal for the right pitcher.
But that’s not true says GM Dave Dombrowski. He told Lynn Henning today that they have no plans to trade Turner at all. And that the only time the matter was even discussed was when the Athletics mentioned his name in talks about Gio Gonzalez. Dombrowski said that was not gonna happen. And now there are no talks involving Turner at all.
On the one hand this should make Tigers fans happy, because the kid is good. On the other hand, we all learned recently that you gotta take what GMs say this time of year with a grain of salt. Like, a grain this big.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (87)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)